Rogue Knights AC Boards

We kick Bobo's Ass!
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:41 pm

Post subject: Logging in Problems
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:13 am  
Rogue Knight in training!

Hi all :)

Thought I'ld post my login problem & see if anyone has any suggestions.

I have DSL & a Belkin router that I have been using for about 2 years to log into AC. Now, I can not log in (2nd vial never fills) & tech support is telling me this is a "known issue" with Belkin routers (Known issue!!?? I've been playing 2 years with this router and now I have a "known issue" that wasn't there before!?)

Anyway, I was able to log in the morning of the 17th & play. My troubles started that afternoon. I've gone the firmware update & port forwarding route & that didn't work. Any other suggestions?

I've been trying to connect using dial-up. I get booted after about 5 - 10 minutes in game. Is this normal or is something going on with AC?

Anyway, I'm pretty frustrated right now. Are all these technical problems (well, technical for me anyway :alien: ) "normal" for online games of this type, especially for a game that has been around as long as AC? I had a lot of connection problems when I first started playing (>6 years ago?) and understand that a "new" game is gonna have bugs, but this just irks me and gets me frustrated.

Any help appreciated.

Chrys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:44 pm  

The Nerd with Bewbs

Chrys, I think that's really weird that you've been playing with that router for YEARS and all of a sudden there's a problem.

Is there any chance the start of this problem coincides with Turbine's ridiculous auth server problems? I don't remember the timing on when that showed up exactly, but it's worth checking out.

Other than that, my only suggestion would be to log into Ventrilo one night to talk with Og the Foot and Pizz Boy...who are the clan's computer geniuses. LOL Perhaps they can offer you some suggestions via voice if you guys get talking about it...3 heads are better than 1. :-)